1161 2
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Katie_Herron
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Is there a way to automate a New Grid View when there is a new record in view?

Here’s the flow:

1. A new record is in view
  2. Create a view.
  3. Use a field from the new record to create the filter for the view
  4. Save the view as the Name.

I’ve use web scraping tools and Zapier and have had no luck. The web scraping tool I use does not like Airtable.

OR is there another way to share just a record with someone?

We use the shared grid view to give our contractions information (what we owe them, their log in to our app, etc.). We automate everything but just this step. Thanks in advance! :slightly_smiling_face:

I’m a business owner, not a coder. I feel I’m in over my head on this one. :worried:

3 Replies 3

From my understanding, the API doesn’t provide access to create new views. Only records can be processed.

You could right-click on any record and choose “Copy record URL.” However, not only is this cumbersome to do for every contractor, but passing this link to someone will force them to log in, and will show them the full table with the specified record expanded in front, so it’s still not ideal for passing along sensitive information.

Another option would be to build a custom web page that pulls and displays a single record’s data, and give unique links to each contractor. The creation of the URL for that page, and mailing that URL to the contractor, could be done with the help of Zapier, with the data extraction on the page itself done via Airtable’s API.

If you’d like some help putting such a page together, let me know.

I would like some help! A website is a great idea. Would there be a way from them to use their username and password listed in the airtable to direct them to their information? Let’s chat.

I know this is an "older" post but I am looking to do something similar. I don't know how to "chat" anyone on here but I would love some help learning what options are available at this point.