Help

Re: Can record picker search function query non-primary fields?

1207 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jsav
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I have a table with fields "Name" (primary), "Description", and "Notes". I'm writing a small script in the scripting extension that requires users to use a record picker to select a record. Right now, if you use the search bar in the record picker, it only searches within the "Name" field. I'd like to be able to search in Name,Description, and Notes so that I can pull up a record based on the description or notes if I don't know its name. Is it possible to reconfigure the record picker? 

Relatedly, I found in the API that it's possible to add an "options" argument to the input.RecordAsync call, but I can't figure out where in the API the options are explained. Anyone know where I can find this?

2 Replies 2
jsav
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Also - is there a way to enable multiline text (wrap around) on the record picker?

No, the search in a record picker can only search the primary field, not other fields.
No, the record picker cannot show the primary field as multiline text.

Here is the link to the documentation for input.recordAsync: https://airtable.com/developers/scripting/api/input#record-async

You could ask the user for search terms using input.textAsync, and then search all the related fields yourself, and then present that narrowed down list of records for your user to pick from. Not idea, but possible.