11349 28
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ariel_Gross
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I did some searching but wanted to be certain since I’m still relatively new to the scripting block.

Does anyone know if there is a way to create new views?

My use case is that I currently manually create a suite of views each time I add a new client and/or project. For every project I will have an All view that shows everything about it, then an Open view that only shows stuff that’s currently being worked on, an Invoice view that gives me a summary of the tasks that need to be invoiced to make my invoicing faster, etc.

Currently I have template views that I duplicate and update the related filters to have it show the right records. I’d love to automate this with the scripting block, but I don’t see a way to create new views from script.

Am I missing something? Anyone else have any ideas?

Thanks!

28 Replies 28

Hi,

Yes, this is still relevant because the new INTERFACES are not Scriptable (for the present) nor Shareable like the Views are (for the present).

olπ

Alyssa_Andres
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I was hoping to hear that this was possible, but sad to hear it isn’t. Perhaps I can get by with creating new tables. :crossed_fingers:

Would love a feature to create new views via script blocks.

Hi Stephen, I am also currently looking at this feature and would love to see something allowing these actions!!! I love Airtables I am forever recommending the platform to friends in my profession and this would only enrich the experience further:)
Kind regards,
Jordan

MaryHartberg

any update on this?! :pray:

POC
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Are there any changes on this issue?
really need this

Sergei_RasKar
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I hope this will be added after ability to create Tables and Fields was added
+100 for View creating/updating feature!!

Harry_McDonald
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Also think this feature would be extremely helpful!

Concertize_Team
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Seconding this feature - would be huge!

I’d be happy just to settle on being able to return Visible Field Names/IDs per view into both the Scripting Extension and an Automation Script. I’m not sure why this particular feature is missing - as we have the ability to hardcode in the visible field object - but there’s no method to simply return and use view field visibility.

For example, here we have the await input.recordAsync method that specifically has an optional “fields” argument - but the only way we can fulfill that fields argument is by manually hard-coding our own fields object - because there’s no way to actually access which fields are visible on a per-view basis.

let myRecord = await input.recordAsync(`Assign ${element} for ${primaryRecord.getCellValueAsString("Name")} Class`, recordFilter, 
    {fields : myViewData[element]});