cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ruby_rails
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi everyone,

Is it possible to create and sign JWT inside Airtable Scripting?
It is an authorization step required for making API calls.

Thanks.

jwt

5 Replies 5
ruby_rails
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Can someone help on this topic?

Best,
Sharjeel.

Welcome to the community, @ruby_rails! :grinning_face_with_big_eyes: Before getting to your topic, I would recommend waiting more than a few hours before “bumping” a request for help. While this is a somewhat active forum, everyone reads and response on their own timeline, and such a short delay before a bump comment can come across as demanding. Patience is always key when engaging in online communities like this. :slightly_smiling_face:

To your question, I’m not familiar with JWTs, but a quick search gave me a rough idea of what a JWT is and how one is created. Based on that, I’m not certain that it’s possible to create a JWT with the specific “flavor” (couldn’t think of a better word) of JavaScript that Airtable’s scripting APIs provide. While most JavaScript features are available, a few have been blocked for various reasons (security probably being pretty high on the list).

What API are you trying to access? The image you attached refers to Google’s API, but I didn’t want to assume too much from the image.

ruby_rails
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Thanks Justin, for reaching out,
My objective is to get data from the Gmail API using service account credentials.
Firstly, We need to use those service account credentials to create a JWT token and make a request to the google with that token, which will return us the Access_token. This Access token is valid for 30 mins and can be used to make an API calls to the Gmail API.
And the main hurdle here is to create JWT using the service account credentials from google.

Thanks.

Thanks for the update. As I said above, I’ve got no personal experience with JWTs, and I don’t have the bandwidth right now to dive into it and see what’s doable (or not) from Airtable’s scripting environments. If anyone else can jump in and help, please do!

You might also consider posting to the #developers:work-offered category if you’d like to hire a consultant to help with this project. If you do this, I recommend linking to this thread so that you don’t have to repeat what you’ve already written, which lays out your goal pretty clearly.

ChrisDrit
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Gosh, I don’t know if this can be done within Airtable.

I did something like this using Integromat (now Make) that calls an AWS serverless function to verify a signed JWT.

It’s a multipart video tutorial, here’s where I go over that step:

Let me know if it’s helpful!