cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Arthur_Test
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hello !
I want to develop a custom app for a client, it’s only a custom form with conditional field rendering, and I wonder if external users (with read only links) will be able to get the app and fill the form ?

They don’t want to pay an account for each user that just access the form.

Thanks in advance! Have a great day :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Replies 5

Custom apps don’t work in shared view/base links.

Thank you for your rapid answer !
So is there an alternative ? Or should I build a web app plugged on airtable with my own user management ?

Yeah the alternate solution would to be use some sort of webapp that pulls in data from Airtable. You could build your own or use other systems like MiniExtensions, Stacker, or Softr.io.

I mean, why not just use the Airtable form? It’s pretty customizable and anyone with a link can fill it out. And/or you could make a completely vanilla template and embed it into your own design using whatever frontend framework or lack thereof you’re comfortable with. But tbh, that sounds like way more trouble than that client is worth; unless they’re managing hundreds of employees, they don’t exactly sound like the kind of buyer who’ll have a development budget for anything worth your time.

chrgreen
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I would love to able to share custom apps with external users.

Quite straight forward use case:
We are using Airtable as CRM and would like to allow customers to access their data / i.e. an overview of their data. It would be great if we could just send them a link and they immediately have access to a dashboard. 

Personally speaking, I think this would be a great use case for many airtable users.,