Help

Upcoming database upgrades. to improve our reliability at 03:30 UTC on Feb. 25 / 7:30pm PT on Feb. 24. Some users may briefly experience slow load times or error messages. Learn more here

Does the AirTable API Javascript Client work with React Native?

Topic Labels: API
1002 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hello all,

I am using AirTable as the data store for a MVP version of a mobile app built with React Native, and as the content creation / management application.

So far, I am using the fetch API, and REST calls for CRUD operations on the data. I did this in order to get going fast, but am not handling things like:

HTTP Status 429 rate limiting and retry.
Deletes of more than 10 records at a time being “batched”

The Javascript client documentation sats it handles some of these things, and runs in Browsers and NodeJS. I cannot find any mention of React Native in the documentation or support in formation.

I’ve looked at the Typescript code in Github, and everything appears ready to be deployed inside a React Native application, but … I don’t KNOW it works.

Has anyone actually used the AirTable API client in a React Native application that is using Expo? Tested it on iPhones and Android devices?

We are moving very fast, and I don’t want to waste time with the Client if it doesn’t work with React Native…

Any help experience you’ve had with React Native and AirTable would be greatly appreciated.

– Michael.

0 Replies 0