Help

Emails Notifications on New Record in View?

Topic Labels: API
1015 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Casey
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Has anyone out there put this together without needing a 3rd party (like Zapier, Integromat, etc.) involved? :pleading_face:

It seems like it wouldn’t be that difficult, but is beyond my skills at the moment. :confused:

I could also live with New Record in View -> Google Sheet Row and generate an email from there. I just don’t like my data floating around too many places!

1 Reply 1
Andrew_Johnson1
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

This should be possible by using the Airtable API.

To do so you will need to keep “polling” your view every time “x” minutes to retrieve a list of records and then use the createdTime field associated with each returned record and compare it with the current time to see whether you have already processed said record or not.
Once you have got a list of all the new records you can then send out your emails by using some other API provided by your email provider.

The API is REST based so you will probably need to write a small script using any language which supports HTTP calls (which is almost all) eg. Python, .NET, Java etc.

Airtable has released a library for Node.JS to help interface with their API which would abstract alot of the complexities.