cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
clement_desrues
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hello,

With the API custom with a filterbyformula, I would like to collect all record, corresponding to my needs, from two differents fields.

“Conversation?filterByFormula=%7Bexpediteur%7D%20%3D%20%27${user.email}%27”

Like, in this case i would like to get all records into “expediteur” field where {user.email} corresponding. But now in my case, I would like the same but into two fields. (expediteur & destinataire) is it possible ? And how to write that ? Thanks you

6 Replies 6

First build your formula in the Airtable user interface. You will probably need to use the AND() or OR() function in your formula to combine the conditions. Once you have a working formula, the rest is string manipulation.

This is not exactly what I need. Actually, i want to add another field into my API. I don’t know how to add another field next to “expediteur” …

What do you want the formula to look like before url encoding?

I would like to search the records where the fiels DESTINATAIRE or the field EXPEDITEUR is equal to the {user.email}.

You cannot simply add a new field name to the filterByFormula value. You need to construct a valid Airtable formula.

For example, if the email is me@example.com, your formula before url encoding would need to look like

OR(
  {DESTINATAIRE} = "me@example.com",
  {EXPEDITEUR} = "me@example.com"
)

Once you remove white space you would have …

OR({DESTINATAIRE}="me@example.com",{EXPEDITEUR}="me@example.com")

After url encoding you would have …

OR%28%7BDESTINATAIRE%7D%3D%22me%40example.com%22%2C%7BEXPEDITEUR%7D%3D%22me%40example.com%22%29

Thanks this is exactly what i need! Thank you