358 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mary_Fedirko
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

HI! I have to check if record still exist before making updates on it, but when I use "find" JS API method I receive 403: You are not authorized to perform this operation response on non-existing records. Same situation with the update method.
When I use these methods on existing records everything works fine. Also current API-user have permissions to create new records.
I use Personal access token with data.records:read, data.records:write scopes.

Please help me to figure out why I get so strange response on non-existing record.

2 Replies 2
victormarcel
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

@Mary_Fedirko wrote: PaybyPlateMa Pay Online

HI! I have to check if record still exist before making updates on it, but when I use "find" JS API method I receive 403: You are not authorized to perform this operation response on non-existing records. Same situation with the update method.
When I use these methods on existing records everything works fine. Also current API-user have permissions to create new records.
I use Personal access token with data.records:read, data.records:write scopes.

Please help me to figure out why I get so strange response on non-existing record.

Hi there! It seems like you're experiencing some issues with the "find" and "update" methods in the JS API. It's strange that you're receiving a 403 error for non-existing records, especially when the API user has permissions to create new records. To troubleshoot this, you could double-check the access token and ensure that the necessary scopes are correctly set. Additionally, you might want to review the API documentation or reach out to the support team for further assistance in resolving this issue.

Step_Up_Tutorin
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I am having the exact same issue, is there a fix for this? This is not a issue with the access token because I am able to perform other operations