cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
plyske
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Hello everyone! 

I use an external software to manage payments and such. When a certain action is made in that software I want to send a webhook to Airtable with the purpose of creating a new Record with information about the change in the payment software. 

So far so good, I have started looking at Automations for this and found the trigger 'When webhook received'. Then I got a webhook URL. 

What kind of Action should I choose to use? Would it be possible to just pick 'Create Record' and then pick the data from the webhook call? Or is it necessary to write a Script? 

The data could be something like: 
- Contract ID
- Payment method

Thanks in advance!

2 Replies 2

Hi,
Create record action might be enough, if webhook is sent correctly by external app. Sometimes payload wrapped into additional array or object and you cannot access what's inside without scripting. But usually data is ready to be used by next step. Test receiving webhook and you will see.

Volumeter
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi there!
It's great to hear that you're exploring the possibilities of integrating your payment software with Airtable using webhooks. The good news is that Airtable's Automations feature provides a straightforward solution for your use case.
Regarding the action you should choose, the "Create Record" action should work perfectly fine for your needs. When the webhook is received, you can simply configure the automation to extract the relevant data, such as the Contract ID and Payment Method, from the webhook call itself. Airtable allows you to map these data fields directly to the corresponding fields in your new record, making the process smooth and efficient.
The future of app development holds tremendous potential with the advent of 5G technologies. App Development Future: How 5G Technologies Can Change It? With faster speeds, lower latency, and enhanced connectivity, 5G is set to revolutionize the app development landscape in numerous ways.