Help

How do I use REST API to retrieve data from linked tables in one API call?

Topic Labels: API
607 3
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GabyTango
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi, I am trying to use REST API to retrieve data from a base that includes both the records from a primary table and the linked records from a related table in a single request.  Is there a way to obtain this data in just one API call?

Know that in SQL, a single query can fetch data from multiple tables in one request, but Airtable has me stumped. 

Any guidance is much appreciated. Thanks in advance. 

3 Replies 3

This is not possible with the current Airtable REST API. A single query can only retrieve data from a single table.

If you have access to the base schema, you may be able to bring info from other tables into the current table using lookup and rollup fields.

Although Airtable is a relational database, it is not an SQL database and you cannot perform SQL queries.

Thanks very much, Kuovonne. Will try to modify the base schema as you suggest. 

GavinA
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

Hey @GabyTango - we are working on this feature for our app CSV Getter . I demo the feature in this video. What do you think? Would it help you?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0xIbXe8k_M

With CSV Getter, you can create CSV exports from Airtable using dynamic export URLs. In this video, I'll demonstrate how to use inline SQL to customize your exports and perform actions like summing unit costs. I'd love to hear your thoughts on this new feature and how it can benefit your ...