cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lewis_Sternberg
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hey,

I have been reading carefully the airtable api documentation to work with my data.

I tried copying and pasting the suggested snippets of code from the official docs into visual studio project.
which is just an index.html boilerplate + an app.js reference in the same folder.

I understand that in order to follow the documentation I must install airtable via npm into my project folder. All done.

Now when I add the code to my project and save it, I get an error on the console:

“app.js:1 Uncaught ReferenceError: require is not defined
at app.js:1”

Then I thought, this must be something to do with the airtable npm module not being referenced. I then look for a fix here in the community and could not find any, so a threat in stack overflow advice to include:

import Airtable, { Base } from “airtable”;

Now after saving and loading my html boiler plate and checking the console it reads:

Uncaught SyntaxError: Cannot use import statement outside a module

Can someone show me, how to list airtable data via api to be read on my browser, and check the information in the console with a project hosted locally.

Very big disappointment (not with airtable) I thought that I knew a little programing, this experience however, makes me look like a ****.

The airtable documentation is very well structured and understandable, but putting it into practice didn’t went so well for me.

I am web designer, I have been learning javascript since the pandemia, I can resolve basic javascript
challenges, but clearly this isnt enough to get started for me with airtable api calls

I already read all the docs about airtable rules to access data via api, and I do understand them, but when I go to practice, I can’t even pass a basic console log test

Would also like your advise on what should I learn besides javascript to finally make airtable api work.

Node? webpack? servers? Help connecting to airtable api to make a basic console.log output Help connecting to airtable api to make a basic console.log output

1 Reply 1

See answer here: