Help

Re: In automations, will there be a find record action?

476 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jacob_Young
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I’ve been accustomed to using Zapier to do some pretty powerful stuff with my Airtable bases.

Was super excited to see Automations come out. Would love to hear about the roadmap for that feature. I am currently building some no code apps and would really like to know when I would be able to find a record via automations and then update it. It will be a gamechanger.

2 Replies 2

Welcome to the community, @Jacob_Young! :grinning_face_with_big_eyes: Airtable’s automations are really cool, and I’m also eager to see where they go from here. However, I don’t think the devs are going to share a roadmap. They haven’t shared any development details regarding Airtable itself, so it’s not likely they’ll do that with any of its components.

Currently, finding records can only be done inside a script action in an automation. Will we get a record search action down the road? I hope so!

Gotcha Justin. Glad to be here.

That would be so helpful! It’s one of the limitations of linking records which would be solved by adding in the search action! I know it’s possible through the Airtable API but building that in will be so amazing. All I need :slightly_smiling_face: