cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Adib_Marabani
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi,

I have a Table that I use for inventory/stock management. I was wondering is there a way that once a certain stock’s quantity reaches a limit (i.e. about to run out), can an email be sent out directly to use (as a reminder) or directly to our supplier to order in more stock? If this can be done internally with Airtable, that would be great. Alternatively, if not, would it be possible to use Zapier to connect our Airtable and create a zap/trigger so that once the stock quantity reaches a certain amount, an email can be sent?

I was also wondering if there was a way to connect details from standardized emails we receive and organize to have the information automated so that it is entered into my one of my tables. Again, would this be possible by connecting Airtable with our gmail using Zapier to collect the information from the email and plug in the data in certain blocks within the table?

1 Reply 1

Welcome to the community, @Adib_Marabani! :grinning_face_with_big_eyes:

Airtable doesn’t have native automation features, so this would require integration with a third-party service like Zapier or Integromat. You focused on Zapier, but the problem there from my understanding is Zapier won’t let a given record trigger a zap more than once. The first time a stock item goes low, the zap will work fine, but the next time it happens, the zap won’t run, and the email won’t go out. Integromat has the advantage there because its trigger setup doesn’t have that limitation. It’s also less expensive than Zapier, which is another factor to consider.

Both Zapier and Integromat can connect to Gmail, but I don’t have experience with extracting data from an email message on either platform, so I can’t speak to how easy the process would be.