Help

Welcome to the Airtable Community! If you're new here, check out our Getting Started area to get the most out of your community experience.

Java 404 Error when connecting to Airtable

Topic Labels: API
883 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi guys,
Completely new to Airtable and have been following the https://github.com/Sybit-Education/airtable.java guide to integrate Airtable with my java project. I understand this is a new API client and is probably not fully supported yet.
I think I have everything set up correctly but I seem to get the following error when making any requests to the database:
Exception in thread “main” com.sybit.airtable.exception.AirtableException: Could not find what you are looking for (NOT_FOUND) [Http code 404]

I’m certain that my API key, base name and table name are all correct. Here is the code used in my project to connect to Airtable:

import com.sybit.airtable.Airtable;
import com.sybit.airtable.Base;
import com.sybit.airtable.Table;
import com.sybit.airtable.exception.AirtableException;
import org.apache.http.client.HttpResponseException;

import java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException;
import java.util.List;

public class DatabaseService {
    private static final String AIRTABLE_API_KEY =  <MY_API_KEY>;
    private Airtable AT;
    private Base base;

public DatabaseService() throws AirtableException {
        AT = new Airtable().configure(AIRTABLE_API_KEY);
        base = AT.base("CrimeStatistics");

}

public void saveRecord(Record record) throws InvocationTargetException, AirtableException, 
NoSuchMethodException, IllegalAccessException {
        Table<Record> vocab = base.table("Vocab", Record.class);

vocab.create(record);
    }

public List<Record> getRecord() throws AirtableException, HttpResponseException {
        List<Record> record = base.table("Vocab", Record.class).select();
        return record;
    }
}

I’ve tried the saveRecord() and getRecord() methods. The saveRecord() method uses a custom class Record with a serialized names for each table column.

Due to it being a new API client there isn’t much information on this error available online, so any help would be much appreciated

0 Replies 0