811 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Audrey_Harriso1
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Does anyone have a solution for a script to run AND a URL to open when a button is pressed? I need actions within the base to be performed, but I also would like to redirect the user to a confirmation page once the button is pressed.

I also have a near-identical use-case where I need to guide users to open a URL via a button to edit details on a record in another base, but I’d like to be able to know that they clicked it. Is there any clever way to additionally trigger an automation when the button is pressed (along with having the url open)?

Thank you!

1 Reply 1
Grega_R
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Audrey,

I looked deep into it, since some of my actions would need that workflow. Not possible, however the workaround is dependent on how you identify the new records in the second table (via form).

Now you have a button that opens the url (form), create a new record. Bring the view of the second table to the first one and upon a record entering the view create automation that looks at the second connected table and triggers action to find records in the first table and populate needed fields. I use a checkmark and additional airtable field that looks at it (Last Modified Time). I based find records on recordID from the first table, which is looked up in second table and within automation those are matched.