cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
John_Dlouhy
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Greetings, Airtable Experts!

Our small team is currently using both Todoist and Airtable to track our tasks :white_check_mark: .

Ideally we would like to use Airtable exclusively (one stop shop!), but are finding it very hard to give up an incredibly useful Todoist Feature: the ability to email tasks to a project. You simply copy the link Todoist provides, paste in the TO section of an email, customize the subject line with due date/priority/tags, press send–and presto, there’s a new task in Todoist w/a link to the email.

:thinking: Is it possible to accomplish something similar with Zapier/Airtable? I have a clunky work-around, namely saving a PDF of the email, then create the task in Airtable and upload the PDF. Any assistance would be appreciated!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Mohamed_Swella1
13 - Mars
13 - Mars

in addition to @ScottWorld 's answer which is definitely similar to what you are looking for @John_Dlouhy , how about using the Form view to add the data that you need instead of the email?

I understand the need to do so in something like Pipedrive where the emails are saved in the Deal, but since this is not something that Airtable does (i mean the ability to link the emails), I believe the Form view is a much better option for you.

BR,
Mo

See Solution in Thread

6 Replies 6
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Great idea! Yes, you can do this with Zapier’s Inbound Email tool. They give you a special zapiermail.com address that you can send emails to, and then you can setup a zap to parse that email into Airtable.

However, I would never personally recommend using Zapier for this task (or any task). Zapier has a limit of 10 emails per hour, and Zapier has hundreds of other limitations that Make doesn't have. Zapier is also significantly pricier than Make, even though it only offers about 1% of the power of Make.

I give a brief comparison in this thread: Make vs. Zapier.

With Make, this is super-easy to setup with Make's custom mailhooks. Just like I mentioned above, they will give you a special email address to send your messages to, and then you can process those messages from there.

If you've never used Make before, this is a small learning curve, which is why I created this basic navigation video to help. I also provide the links to a few other Make training resources there as well.

p.s. If you have a budget for your project and you’d like to hire an expert Airtable consultant to help you with any of this, please feel free to contact me through my website: Airtable consulting — ScottWorld

Mohamed_Swella1
13 - Mars
13 - Mars

in addition to @ScottWorld 's answer which is definitely similar to what you are looking for @John_Dlouhy , how about using the Form view to add the data that you need instead of the email?

I understand the need to do so in something like Pipedrive where the emails are saved in the Deal, but since this is not something that Airtable does (i mean the ability to link the emails), I believe the Form view is a much better option for you.

BR,
Mo

Thanks very much to @ScottWorld and @Mohamed_Swellam for the great :white_check_mark: solutions! I’m really intrigued by the idea of using the Form view and will try that first, as my Zapier skills are very limited. Really appreciate the swift responses and great ideas!! Thank you!! :pray:t4:

@John_Dlouhy Glad to know that you got the answer you were seeking! If you would, please mark the appropriate comment as the solution to your question. This helps others who may be searching with similar questions. Thanks!

Done! Appreciate the reminder, Justin!