cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Andrew_Wingrave
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hello, I’ve been trying all evening to get this to work, but I’m out of ideas:

I’m making the following request to the API, and getting nowhere - The fields are exactly as in the docs but I get the response:

Could not parse request body. This can occur if the information entered into a field is not in the correct format. Double-check that you are using the correct format for entering values into a field.

The problem is, it works perfectly in Postman, but when I run it in Zapier it falls apart. The JSON payload is as follows, and I’m using “User-Agent = Postman”

{
  "records": [
    {
      "fields": {
        "Gap Details": "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur",
        "Category ID": "12",
        "Result ID": "726",
        "Author ID": "4614"
      }
    },
    {
      "fields": {
        "Gap Details": "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur ",
        "Category ID": "12",
        "Result ID": "725",
        "Author ID": "4613"
      }
    }
  ]
}
10 Replies 10

Do you love pulling your hair out with Zapier? :winking_face: Sometimes spending an extra day trying to figure out why it doesn’t work?

To be clear, I wasn’t implying you switch to Google Apps Script; only suggesting it is a way to debug your API work so you have perfect knowledge about the way it should function. It provides a framework for gathering analytics and test results that help you avoid each vendor telling you it’s the other vendor who is messing up.

Recently I demonstrated to Airtable why attachments via the API are unreliable. For a long, long time both Airtable and Zapier have blamed each other spending a huge amount of time my client did not have. My code (in Google Apps Script) proved without question, the issue is in Airtable.