Help

Welcome to the Airtable Community! If you're new here, check out our Getting Started area to get the most out of your community experience.

Python wrapper API error

Topic Labels: API
2678 3
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I’m using the python wrapper (here).

I have a small script that tries to update a field in the ‘Orders’ table. The record is successfully retrieved earlier from the API so I have the ID of the record stored in ‘orderid’. I’m now trying to update 1 field called ‘Folder’ to ‘True’.

record = airtable.search('id', orderid)
fields = {'Folder': 'True'}
airtable.update(record[id], fields)

But i receive this error which i’m stuck at:

requests.exceptions.HTTPError: 422 Client Error: Unprocessable Entity for url: https://api.airtable.com/v0/appoR6kS5KY3cJdwK/Orders?filterByFormula={id}='rec70yhW5MYcetmxJ' (Decoded URL) [Error: {'type': 'INVALID_FILTER_BY_FORMULA', 'message': 'The formula for filtering records is invalid: unknown field names: id'}]

3 Replies 3

Your error suggests that there is no field name ‘id’ present in your base.
You will need to explicitly create a filed called ‘id’ in your base and set the type of that field to ‘formula’. Then set the formula to RECORD_ID()
After that it should be smooth sailing

Cheers!

Thanks. I figured it out!

Hi

I’m just getting started with this but don’t know anything about APIs at the moment.

Could you share the files you use so I can connect to my base using my API key and see a working version

Thanks