2660 2
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sidney_ML
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I am using Airtable as a data source for an app on AppSheet. Everything seems to work well except for values from linked tables. As shown in the image below, when a value is coming from a linked table, it is showing the record ID instead of the actual value. How can I fix this?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JonathanBowen
13 - Mars
13 - Mars

Hi @Sidney_ML - I haven’t used Airtable in the way you describe, as a source for AppSheet, but as AppSheet will be using the Airtable API to get data from Airtable, this is the “expected” behaviour - the API returns the ID of the linked field, not its value. The simple way to fix this is to add another field to your base which turns the link into a string:

Screenshot 2020-06-26 at 08.04.31

This is a formula field with formula:

link & ''

You can see in the API docs that this passes through the string value:

Screenshot 2020-06-26 at 08.05.37

So you could just map this new string field to the appropriate field in AppSheet.

The possible downside, as you can see, is that a record with multiple links will comma-separate the values, which may or may not be what you want.

If this answers your questions, please consider marking it as the "solution". If not, please post again for more help. Thanks!

See Solution in Thread

2 Replies 2
JonathanBowen
13 - Mars
13 - Mars

Hi @Sidney_ML - I haven’t used Airtable in the way you describe, as a source for AppSheet, but as AppSheet will be using the Airtable API to get data from Airtable, this is the “expected” behaviour - the API returns the ID of the linked field, not its value. The simple way to fix this is to add another field to your base which turns the link into a string:

Screenshot 2020-06-26 at 08.04.31

This is a formula field with formula:

link & ''

You can see in the API docs that this passes through the string value:

Screenshot 2020-06-26 at 08.05.37

So you could just map this new string field to the appropriate field in AppSheet.

The possible downside, as you can see, is that a record with multiple links will comma-separate the values, which may or may not be what you want.

If this answers your questions, please consider marking it as the "solution". If not, please post again for more help. Thanks!

Thank you so much! This was super helpful.