Help

Re: Script tool to import .CSV to update records?

988 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Corey_Mayne
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

What sort of code will allow me to read a .CSV table, and if LAST NAME, FIRST NAME, and DATE OF BIRTH columns in the .CSV file == the LAST, FIRST and DOB columns in my records, would trigger a check box in the last column?

Very new at writing code. Example CSV file attached. Thank you!
Screen Shot 2021-10-01 at 12.23.52 AM

2 Replies 2

This is definitely doable via a script, but it would take some time to develop and test. If you have a budget for getting this done and are interested in exploring development options, feel free to message me directly.

Jono_Prest
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Are you wanting to write this yourself? If so what languages are writing in/learning?

If you’re familiar with any scripting language and making requests to an API this would be fairly simple to write.

You would need to parse the CSV, use the Airtable API for listing and and updating records and then iterate and evaluate each line of your CSV file against records in your Airtable.

For example. In python there is a preinstalled CSV module and you can use the requests module for API calls. In Javascript you can use a node module like csv-parser and make requests using the airtable module.