cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sara_Esposito
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hello,

I am trying to reduce the number of clicks that need to be used print a page designer record. I have set up the new button functionality to connect to the page designer to print, but once you click on it you have to click at least on 4 different windows before sending the item to print. Is there a way to use the scripting block to automate this process for you?

I don’t know much about scripting so I might need to outsource the service but ideally when clicking on the button it would automatically send to print without needing to reset the dimensions of the page designer.

10 Replies 10

Hi Sara, and welcome to the community!

I can’t give you much to address this, but I recommend you digest this thread and then post your thoughts back here.

Eduard_Ichim
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi Sara_Esposito,

How did you achieve linking the button to connect to the page designer to print?

Abraham_Gluck

is that doable? I wish it is I was searching over the last few days but without luck.

Jeff_Miller2

I am wondering the same thing. I would love to be able to print records from a button in the record itself!

Philipp_Berben

Any solutions on this?

Gulabi_Photo
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Would love to know about any progress on this!

Sean_Wilson
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Just going to throw a +1 on this one too. Weird to be able to use page designer but not be able to output the PDF generated as an attachment to the record.

Yup. Another upvote from me!

Josh_Yoosh
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Me too! has anyone found a solution for this?

Thijs
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Bumping this up - would save tons of time compared to manually printing the page designer!