cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
VIMC_Manager
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi,

I spent a good part of the day yesterday making changes and adding to a scripting block in my base. It was all working fine and was running from a button in a table. However, today I have discovered that all of my changes are gone and that the script is back to an old version!

I have looked at all recent base snapshots, looked through the trash, and tried undo/redo in the code editor but I all to no avail. I had another tab in my browser with the same base open so I am wondering if this prevented my changes from being permanently retained. I have contacted support about this but am wondering if the community has any tricks that might help. Anything is appreciated!

2 Replies 2

Welcome to the community, @VIMC_Manager! :grinning_face_with_big_eyes: I ran into something similar not long ago. I normally use the desktop app, but I had that app and a browser tab open to the same base at one point. Like you, I was working on a script, but I was doing it in the browser, and the changes didn’t sync to the desktop app for some reason. I closed the browser first, then refreshed the desktop app, but all of my code was gone. I ended up needing to redo all of that code (not a ton, but still annoying). I don’t know a way around this unfortunately. The snapshots that are saved are only of the base data, not anything in the apps.

VIMC_Manager
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Thanks for sharing your experience @Justin_Barrett . I think I will get in the habit of creating backups of any significant scripting work that I do, which will also be useful if I want to reuse script or refer to the code.

Hopefully others are able to avoid this same type of incident.!