Help

Welcome to the Airtable Community! If you're new here, check out our Getting Started area to get the most out of your community experience.

Add renewal date for subscription based sales

Topic Labels: Formulas
598 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi
I am a complete Novice with Airtable. I was once OK with Microsoft access but a long time time ago.

I have a website and I sell subscriptions which go up in the following increments
48hrs
1 month
3 month
6 month
12 months

In my orders table I have the date ordered field and other field called Item’s Name. This contains the following text 12 months Subscription, UK TV, Box Sets, This has been imported via a CSV and whilst it is showing as a single line text field the contacts are part of a url.

I am looking for a formula to create a renew date 1 month, 3 month hence etc please.

I hope all this makes sense. Any help appreciated please.
Andy

1 Reply 1

Hi @Andy_Bowring - this post is on a similar topic and you might be able to reuse some of the concepts in your base:

It sounds like your subscription term is in the name (in a string of text). If this is the case, you could use FIND() to strip out the term into something useful, e.g.

IF(
  FIND('1 month', {Item}), 
  IF(
    FIND('3 month', {Item}), 
  )  
)

Then, once you have the subscription term, use the formula in the linked post to determine a renewal date.

If this answers your questions, please consider marking it as "solution". If not, please post again. Thanks!