Help

Re: Anybody else got issue with ’ and ' characters?

Solved
Jump to Solution
1317 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I got an issue with these two characters…

chars3

The issue is with:

’ and ’

chars

When I copy a formula from AirTable into textpad on MacOS and start editing the formula there, the ’ character gets eventually somehow replaced with ’ and when I copy the formula back into AirTable, the formula is broken because some of the ’ got replaced with '. It’s strange. I don’t have any text-expander or text correction software so not sure why it happens. Wondering if anybody else has the problem.

The issue doesn’t happen when editing the formula in Airtable box, it only happens when I copy the formula outside to edit it and then copy it back to Airtable.

The editing box for formulas is way too tiny to be useful when editing long formulas.

Interesting thing is also when I am editing the forum post here, the difference in characters shows when I am editing the title of the post here, but once I save the post, the characters look same in the title.

chars2

12 Replies 12

No, Windows Notepad doesn’t auto save. But I find that most formulas aren’t worth saving externally.

If I’m writing a formula that is worth saving, I do it in my code editor save it to my git repository.

Great idea. I suggest you add it to this thread requesting improvements to the editor. You can also send the suggestion to support.

Yes, please. The box is too small. I found a trick to expand the formula box … you just Keep typing a LONG string of characters e.g. ________________ and the box expands. I can finish the formula and then I delete the ____ string to save.