1451 2
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
paulmtilley
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hello! I am new to using Airtable and am excited to learn about its capabilities. I am creating an event program and I would like to enter the start and end dates of each part of the program. Is it possible to automatically update the end time of each event based on the duration that I input? For example, if I enter a start time of 6pm and a talk that lasts 6 minutes, I would like the end time to be updated to 6:06pm. I would like to use this feature to see if any events are going over their allotted time. Can you help me with this?

4 Replies 4

Hi @paulmtilley 

You can use this formula next to your start date and duration field: 

DATEADD({DateTime Field 1}, {Duration Field}, 'seconds')

Databaser_0-1671537377001.png

The trick is that a duration field stores its value in seconds. You can also read @Jeremy_Oglesby his post about this here.

Lol -- @Databaser, you linked to a back-stretching massage mat on bol.com. Which of your lucky family members is getting that for Christmas??

HA! That could get embarrassing very quickly 😅 A coworker has a sore lower back and I must say, it helps 😁

Joking aside: clicking on "permalink" doesn't copy URL to my clipboard... So yet another thing broken in this new community. 

Check https://community.airtable.com/t5/other-questions/adding-a-duration-to-a-datetime/m-p/112361/highlig...

I can't even change my own post?!

Ya, the inability to edit posts is... disconcerting