1188 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Brett_Lee
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

With my business, I have WAY too many deals that come across that are unique and individual from others. I am in DESPERATE need to find a way to create a formula, (or simply type in a number for that matter) and NOT have it affect ANY OTHER record. Just change the formula on that one particular record instead of every single one.

For example. Right now my formula to figure out commissions looks like this:
IF({PPW}=“4.35”,500, IF({PPW}=“4.25”,450,IF({PPW}=“4.15”,400, IF({PPW}=“4.05”, 350, IF({PPW}=“3.95”,300, IF({PPW}=“3.85”, 250,0)) ))))*kW

This morning we sold a deal at $4.79. So none of the formula triggers did anything and they didn’t calculate. However, I want to pay him $600 at that price. So if I typed in $600, it would change that cell for every single record to $600 and completely ruin all our accounting.

This happens multiple times a week, and I’m fear I may have to go back to an excel spreadsheet where I can do individual cells like that. I REALLY don’t want to go back to excel because I love Airtable! However, this is a must and I really hope there is a way this can be done. I’m not the best with formulas so any help would be appreciated!

Any help would greatly be appreciated!

10 Replies 10

Make the new {Custom Amount} number field first, then paste the new formula below into your commission field. If the {Custom Amount} field doesn’t exist when you save the updated formula, Airtable will throw an error saying it can’t find the field.

IF(
    OR({Custom Amount}, PPW),
    IF(
        {Custom Amount},
        {Custom Amount},
        (200 + ((VALUE(PPW) - 3.75) * 500)) * (VALUE(PPW) >= 3.85)
    ) * kW,
)