1989 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Matt_Frederick
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

This has been asked a few times but I can’t seem to find the solution that works.

I have a formula "CONCATENATE({For Formula},{Market},{Product Management},{Product Category},{Gender})" but its output adds unwanted quote marks like so:

Screen Shot 2020-12-09 at 12.02.54 PM

What I really want is to have it be separated by “/” but I’ve exhausted the time I have trying to fix that. How can I get this to output something with consistent quote marks - or comma separation - or preferably the /

Thanks!

10 Replies 10

Thanks for the update. When referencing a link field, Airtable will sometimes wrap the names of the linked records in quotes, but that usually only happens when the primary field in the linked record contains commas. My only thought now is that there may be some invisible characters in those primary field names that Airtable is hiding when displaying the field, but they might show up if you edit the field, and it might be doing the quote-wrapping treatment as a result. As a test, double-click to edit that “Consumer” name to check for anything before or after the word itself. In fact, just retype “Consumer” manually to replace it, then see if you still get the quotes around it in your formula output.