cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vcsyc
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi,

I am stuck with a riddle ) I'm a newbie still don't know much. Any help is highly appreciated.

I have several tables:

1. Customers

2. Products

3. Currency

4. Warehouse

5. Accounts

6. Operations

8. Operations_Detail

9. Acc

I have two things that I need:

1. when I create sales invoice in Operations, I need to create several records in operations with same AnalyticTag (column) as in created Invoice, but different Expense category (column).

1.1 These records must be either profiled, or either from template - but this is different story I guess.

2. Also, when I create customer or Accounts, or add new currency - I need to create rows in ACC table. For example, I have Customer 1, Account 1 and Currency 1, 2, 3

What I need is, when creating customer or account record, or adding new currency record, have a table in ACC like this:

row 1 customer 1 currency 1

row 2 customer 1 currency 2

row 3 customer 1 currency 3

row 4 account 1 currency 1

row 5 account 1 currency 2

row 6 account 1 currency 3

when I add new customer or account - same should be done, but when I create new currency, all lists should be updated. for example, is currency 4 is created, we need to create row 7 for customer 1, currency 4 and row 8 for account 1 currency 4.

Basically, I have ACC table for calculating profit and losses.

because I have several currencies I need the to be recorded as separate records for each object in ACC to calculate everything.

and when I add saes invoice to operations, I want to records 5 (in future pre-filled or from template) to same table, with same analytic ID as my invoice, so then I can filter them out from view, to know which expense records I still have to record.

thank you.

1 Reply 1

> 1. when I create sales invoice in Operations, I need to create several records in operations with same AnalyticTag (column) as in created Invoice, but different Expense category (column).

If the records you create are static you can use an automation to do this for you

> 2. Also, when I create customer or Accounts, or add new currency - I need to create rows in ACC table. For example, I have Customer 1, Account 1 and Currency 1, 2, 3

This process is slightly more involved.  If you know anyone that knows JavaScript you should ask them to help you write a script for this as it's a pretty simple thing to do.  The alternative is to force the creation of new records by pasting unique comma separated values into a linked field, and you can find an example of that here