cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cedric_Roux
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hello there
I’d like to create the hash (md5, sha-1, whatever) or a concatenation of two text fields in an Airtable table.
I have absolutely no idea how to do that - while in Google script it’s super easy…
Does anyone have an idea please?
Thanks!
Best

5 Replies 5

This is possible using the new Script Block (in beta at this moment). This would not be a lights-out process though.

I had to do something similar for a client some time ago and I used Google Apps Script and the Airtable API to constantly update any fields missing the hash. It runs every five minutes and pulls the fields for the computation, performs the hash output and then pushes the value into a long text field. It’s been running for more than two years flawlessly.

OK thanks a lot, i’ll have a look at both options

Matt_Beyer
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

@Cedric_Roux did you ever find a solution to this? I have same requirement, hoping somebody figured out a solution already.

You could either script this with JavaScript, or for a no-code way of doing this, you could automate this process with one of the hash functions offered by Integromat:

(I’m a Registered Integromat Partner and Airtable consultant. If you need to hire someone to help you set this up, feel free to contact me through my website at scottworld.com.)

How would you store the hash via createrecordasync? The push function stores the string as a list of “object”