710 3
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Benjamin_Weathe
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I can’t find any examples of exactly what I’m trying to do. It’s very easy to do in a spreadsheet and possible to build with queries but I’m trying to figure it out in Airtable.
I’m a charity distributing funds to organizations across regions first and by size second.
So a donation needs to be put into a regional designation first and then a size grouping and then divided amongst the orgs that qualify.
What I’ve done so far is make a table with all the distributions and each field represents a Region & Grouping. I’ve labeled these RGIDs (Regional/Grouping ID).
How do I put the dollar amount in the table into the proper RGID field?
Let me know if I’m describing it poorly!
Screen Shot 2021-12-13 at 7.34.07 PM

Screen Shot 2021-12-13 at 7.36.41 PM

3 Replies 3

Welcome to the community, @Benjamin_Weatherston! :grinning_face_with_big_eyes:

You’re describing it pretty well, but the description feels a little incomplete at the moment. Where is “the dollar amount” that you refer to in your question? In the second screenshot, I see lots of dollar amounts. Which one (or collection) are you referring to?

In terms of assigning dollars to the records from the table in the first screenshot (I think that’s the logic that you described), does the dollar amount need to be divided across all records with matching RGIDs? For example, if a record from the second table is connected with an RGID of 24, I see at least five records in the first table with an RGID of 24. Do they all get an equal portion of the appropriate dollar amount?

If you could provide a specific example of this assignment that you’re looking for, that would be very helpful.

Thanks Justin, yes it’s a pretty complicated workflow.
Donors set a budget, then a region, then a size grouping.
Then we set that money into the different “buckets” until it reaches a payout threshold and then write a check.
So the dollar amount still needs to be divided across all the orgs in that grouping.
I think I may need to hire an airtable consultant!

I’d be happy to speak with you about this project. I’ll message you directly with a link to my consultation calendar.