Currency formatting

Topic Labels: Formulas
2507 3
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi everyone,

I would love to have an permanent - Airtable - solution for this problem: the standard Currency format is the US format. Meaning: the COMMA for the thousands and the DOT for smaller figures (lower than $1, for example: $15,388.99). I am from the Netherlands and our system is the other way around. We use the DOT for the thousands, and the COMMA for the smaller figures (€ 15.388,99).

What would be the best workaround as long as Airtable does not give me the pick my Netherlands format?

Regards,
André

3 Replies 3

Perhaps some variation on these “pretty print” routines will help:

You could take the existing output from those formulas and run a series of SUBSTITUTE() functions on it to swap the separators.

Vladimir_Kuliko
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

It is impossible to work with other currencies. Create support for alternative currency format (with comma) please.

kauelima
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1 on that, i'm trying to make some expense tracker on airtable but currency formatting makes it very difficult. Not only it formats the display but it also blocks copy/paste with the correct format for my location. I would be ok with a visual wrong formatting but the copy/paste is a real problem