cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bryan_Lauth
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi All,

I’m looking for some help in building out a formula field (Transfer Tax) that is formatted as currency. I’m new to Airtable but have a lot of Salesforce.com experience. The Transfer Tax field provides the dollar amount that will be charged when the dollar amount in another field (Purchase Price) falls in a certain range. The rule is: the transfer tax is $3.30 for every $1,000 of the purchase price. Essentially, a Purchase Price anywhere from $0-$999.99, the Transfer Tax field should be showing $3.30. If the Purchase Price is anywhere between $1,000-1,999.99, the Transfer Tax field should be showing $6.60. If the Purchase Price field is anywhere between $2,000-$2,999.99, then the Transfer Tax field should show $9.90. This continues for infinity. Ideally, I only need it for a purchase price going to about $100,000. In Salesforce.com, I would likely do this using something like the IF and QUANTITY logical and numeric functions. That said, I don’t think Airtable has the QUANTITY numeric function. So looking for some help in how you might build out this formula field. Appreciate any help!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Julian_E_Post
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

Hi Bryan! You can solve this with a math problem to avoid IF statements. Round the number UP to the nearest 1000, then divide by 1000 and multiply by $3.30. The below formula should work:

ROUNDUP(Purchase Price,-3)/1000*3.3

See Solution in Thread

2 Replies 2
Julian_E_Post
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

Hi Bryan! You can solve this with a math problem to avoid IF statements. Round the number UP to the nearest 1000, then divide by 1000 and multiply by $3.30. The below formula should work:

ROUNDUP(Purchase Price,-3)/1000*3.3

Ahhhh spot on, Julian! So much cleaner than a IF statement! Exactly what I was looking for. Thank you!