544 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Samer_Adeeb
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I have a rollup field (or lookup field) that usually contains an array of 8 numbers. I would like to have a formula that gives the sum of the smallest three numbers. Right now, it seems that it is impossible without an external application (Zapier). Are there any array formulas that would help me to achieve that? Note that these are numeric values and don’t necessarily have the same “length”.

2 Replies 2

Welcome to the community, Samer! :grinning_face_with_big_eyes: Airtable’s current array operations are fairly limited, I’m afraid. If Airtable arrays could be sorted and indexed, this would be a piece of cake. As it stands now, you’re left to (figuratively) make your own cake from scratch using third-party ingredients.

AlliAlosa
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

@Justin_Barrett is correct - unfortunately there’s no way to sort arrays inside of Airtable at the moment… making this task very difficult. I know you said you don’t want an external application, but if you end up having to go that route… @Mike_McLaughlin managed to get this done using Zapier. See the below reply for how to do it!