Help

The Airtable Community will undergo scheduled maintenance on September 17 from 10:00 PM PST to 11:15 PM PST. During this period, you may experience temporary disruptions. We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your understanding.

Re: Formula field creates new records

95 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user2100
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I have a formula field that gives me a date.

then I have a normal date field "current". For example, if I enter a date in the "Current" date field, then the formula field should calculate 2 years from this date and give me the date in 2 years

Example: “current” has the value: October 1st, 2020

Formula field calculates 2 years further
10/1/2022

works quite well so far

If the “current” field is empty then the formula field should take the date of “approval” and calculate 3 years from there.
Example:
“Approval” has the value: October 1st, 2017 then the formula field calculates 3 years further so: October 1st, 2020 also works.
but every time this formula is executed, I get a linked table
a new data set is simply created even though this is not what is wanted.

here is my formula:

DATETIME_FORMAT(IF({Letzter HU/ AU Termin}, DATEADD({Letzter HU/ AU Termin}, 2, 'years'), DATEADD({Erstzulassung}, 3, 'years')), 'MM.YYYY')

2 Replies 2

Hm, formulas cannot create new tables so I think I might not be understanding what you're saying

Could you  provide a screenshot with all 3 fields in it and point out where the issues are? 

It turned out that an automation had something to do with the creation of a new data record.