2153 2
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jason_Vance
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I’ve built a simple tracking for my recurring expenses and I want one of the fields to show the current month with the information in the field next to it.

I can’t seem to find how to do that.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kuovonne
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Welcome to the Airtable community!

You can use a formula field to display the current month, and then concatenate it with the value of another field

DATETIME_FORMAT(TODAY(), 'MMMM') & " " & {other field}

However, when the month changes, the formula will update to the new month, which may not be what you want. If you want the field to say “January” this month, and still say “January” when “February” rolls around, you will need to have a different method of specifying the date, such as using the month in which the record is created.

DATETIME_FORMAT(CREATED_TIME(), 'MMMM') & " " & {other field}

See Solution in Thread

2 Replies 2
kuovonne
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Welcome to the Airtable community!

You can use a formula field to display the current month, and then concatenate it with the value of another field

DATETIME_FORMAT(TODAY(), 'MMMM') & " " & {other field}

However, when the month changes, the formula will update to the new month, which may not be what you want. If you want the field to say “January” this month, and still say “January” when “February” rolls around, you will need to have a different method of specifying the date, such as using the month in which the record is created.

DATETIME_FORMAT(CREATED_TIME(), 'MMMM') & " " & {other field}

Thanks. That worked perfectly.