823 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tyler_Surrency
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Screen Shot 2020-11-23 at 12.55.09 PM Screen Shot 2020-11-23 at 12.57.31 PM We have been running into a snag with the simple formula of 3 columns adding together and getting off by .01. This normally is not a big deal, but in a contract this can be a very big deal. I have attached the pictures of what I’m talking about and the formula I use.

5 Replies 5

Welcome to the community, @Tyler_Surrency!

What that means is that one or more of your formula fields are rounding their numbers for display purposes, but the actual numbers are much longer.

Go in & customize your formula fields, click on the “Formatting” tab, and choose a different precision. Then, you will be able to see where the problem lies.

Also, you can just Round your formulas by adding the ROUND() function into your formulas.

Can you show me in this formula how rounding would work to solve my issue?

Tyler

You can just wrap the entire formula with the Round function. Something like this:

ROUND(
{Field 1} + {Field 2} + {Field 3} + {Field 4}
,2)

But you may be better served by going back and rounding the other formulas, too, to yield more accuracy.

I went back to where it generates the monthly payment automatically. Iput in the formula you wrote me and it worked.

Thank you for your help.

Tyler

I believe you are dancing around this floating point math bug.