939 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Natasha_Vashko
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I have a table like in Screen Shot 1. I spent a few hours here looking for a solution on how to get a column like the green one in the screenshot or another table like in the second screenshot. Any hint would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advanceScreen Shot 2020-05-30 at 12.04.07 PM Screen Shot 2020-05-30 at 12.03.59 PM , N

2 Replies 2

Hello! You’re nearly there, you don’t need a formula to maintain this - Just to convert it to a comma separated list - then you can just create a “Linked To field”

Please see below for a preview of the Airtable Structure you need, but first, let me explain how I got there:

1. Create a base in Airtable, as you have done
  2. Create a formula to create a comma-separated list of all of the tags - E.g.

{Tag1} & "," & {Tag2} & "," {Tag3} etc..

1. Turn this formula field into a Linked to record, and link it to Table 2

And here’s the result:

@andywingrave I have a similar-ish question to this one but the struggle I am having is relates to ongoing updates to the table. Once the formula field is converted to a linked to record when records are updated with new tags this field will no longer update with the refreshed information and thus becomes untenable. Do you have any advice for this situation? Much appreciate any seedling ideas or thoughts.

Here is the link to my post asking a variation of this question: Merging multiple fields into a single multi-select field