cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jenni_Bowles
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I have a formula I can’t figure out.
My column that I want as a formula is called “Forecasted SCIP Received” To calculate this date, I need to use another column called “Actual Site Walk Date” plus a “Duration” column. However, if “Actual Site Walk Date” is empty, I need it to use “Forecasted Site Walk Date” instead, so: If the “Actual Site Walk Date” is not Empty, then “Actual Site Walk Date” + “Duration”. But if Actual Site Walk Date is empty, then “Forecasted Site Walk Date” + “Duration” How do I write this?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kuovonne
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

You can use a formula field with the IF function and DATEADD. They are documented in the formula field reference. Note that duration fields store time in seconds, so you need to specify to add seconds.

IF({Actual Site Walk Date},
  DATEADD({Actual Site Walk Date}, {Duration}, 'seconds'),
  DATEADD({Forecasted Site Walk Date}, {Duration}, 'seconds')   
)

If this answers your question, please mark this post as the solution. Otherwise, could you please give a bit more details and a screen capture?

See Solution in Thread

4 Replies 4
kuovonne
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

You can use a formula field with the IF function and DATEADD. They are documented in the formula field reference. Note that duration fields store time in seconds, so you need to specify to add seconds.

IF({Actual Site Walk Date},
  DATEADD({Actual Site Walk Date}, {Duration}, 'seconds'),
  DATEADD({Forecasted Site Walk Date}, {Duration}, 'seconds')   
)

If this answers your question, please mark this post as the solution. Otherwise, could you please give a bit more details and a screen capture?

I think something like this should do it for you:
Was in the middle of writing this when @kuovonne answered. My formula is essentially the same, just condensed a little – I’ll still post it in case it’s preferable, but please mark @kuovonne’s answer as the solution :slightly_smiling_face:

DATEADD(
   IF({Actual Site Walk Date}, {Actual Site Walk Date}, {Forecasted Site Walk Date}),
   {Duration},
   'seconds'
)

Thank you! This worked for me! :slightly_smiling_face: :grinning_face_with_big_eyes:

Thank you! Appreciate the follow up!