cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
coco-chen
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hello, 

I am new to formulas so I was hoping someone can help me with the formula below. I am trying to create two new formula fields.

In the first new formula field, I am trying to do the following: 

• If the 'Category' field is Finance and the 'Owner' field is Jackie, Anton, or Jalen, then have the new field return "Assigned" 
  • If the 'Category' field is Finance and the 'Owner' field is not Anton, Jackie or Jalen, then have the new field return "Not Assigned"

In the second new formula field, 

• If the 'Asset Type' field is Marketing and 'Attachments Resource' field is empty, have the new field return Awaiting Assets
  • If the 'Asset Type' field is Marketing and 'Attachments Resource' field is not Anton, Jackie or Jalen, have the new field return Agency Owned

Appreciate the help in advance!

4 Replies 4
Dan_Montoya
Community Manager
Community Manager

Are there other people who can be an owner who are not the 3 you listed?  I try to stay away from hard coding peoples name in a formula.  It doesn't scale when people change.  This would be a typical formula.

If(AND({Category}="Finance", {Owner}), "Assigned", "Not Assigned")

Hi Dan! Thank you for the help so far! Yes, there are other people other than those 3.

I would suggest your owner is a linked record to your people table.  Then have a an attribute of those people that allows them to be approved owners of the case. The formula would be the same as I put up above where owner is a lookup field from the linked owner person field.  

I've set up a base here that does what you're looking for, and you can duplicate the base to your own workspace to play with it!
First formula:
Screenshot 2024-03-19 at 11.01.13 AM.png

IF(
  AND(
    Category = "Finance",
    OR(
      Owner="Jackie",
      Owner="Anton",
      Owner="Jalen"
    )
  ),
  "Assigned",