1648 3
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Grace_Bayse
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I need a formula to calculate ETA (more like Estimated Day of Arrival) for animal breeding purposes. I have a column with number of days bred and a column for the date checked. The average gestation period is 278 days.
Is there a formula in which I could use the start date(ex: 9/11/2019), days bred (ex:84), and gestation length (ex:278) to calculate delivery day?

Please and Thanks!!!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Matthew_Thomas
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

The DATEADD() formula I think will do the trick here. I’m a little unclear how, or if, the days bred/date checked columns should affect the Estimated Day of Arrival. But for a simple Start Day + Average Gestation time = ETA formula, you could use

DATEADD({Start Date}, {Gestation}, 'days')

You can read more at the documentation if you would like:

5f73751092c6afb3485d0dfe997b3809227f5002.png

Formula field reference

For an overview of formula fields, please refer to the Guide to Formula, Lookup, Count, and Rollup fields. Formulas may involve functions, numeric operations, logical operations, and text operation...

See Solution in Thread

3 Replies 3
Matthew_Thomas
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

The DATEADD() formula I think will do the trick here. I’m a little unclear how, or if, the days bred/date checked columns should affect the Estimated Day of Arrival. But for a simple Start Day + Average Gestation time = ETA formula, you could use

DATEADD({Start Date}, {Gestation}, 'days')

You can read more at the documentation if you would like:

5f73751092c6afb3485d0dfe997b3809227f5002.png

Formula field reference

For an overview of formula fields, please refer to the Guide to Formula, Lookup, Count, and Rollup fields. Formulas may involve functions, numeric operations, logical operations, and text operation...

Great! I was able to figure it out easily by tweaking the formula you provided. One more question. Is there a way to remove the time on that? It’s providing me with a day and time (12:00am) we don’t really need the time.

Thanks again!

Yes, if you go into the “Formatting” tab (right next to where you edit the formula), you’ll notice there’s an “Include a time field” option. If you’d like, you can also change how the date displays here as well.

Screen Shot 2020-02-20 at 12.45.54 PM