1092 2
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jeffrey_Brian
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

This might be the most random formula ever, but having a hard time figuring it out/ wondering if it is even an option.

I have a list of records that represent tasks to do.

I want to have these tasks in sets of 3 records.

I dont want the tasks grouped by airtable where you see all of the various groups.

I want to have the table literally only show the current set of 3 tasks and then they have a checkbox field next to them and as you check them off they are filtered out until all 3 are filtered out and the next 3 tasks come into view and it repeats like that.

Totally not sure if this is even something that can be done, I was thinking of manually adding in set #s and filtering for that, but then I dont know how you filter just the set that is between the one that is checked off and the rest of them.

This might be a too complicated one to create, but appreciate any help, thank you!

9 Replies 9
Sho
11 - Venus
11 - Venus

I've thought about it, and you're right, it would require automation to script the next three tasks to be extracted

How would I set up this automation, do you know or is it not possible?

Sho
11 - Venus
11 - Venus

In this case, three fields, automation, and the last automation requires a script to extract only three from the top list.

1. checkbox field
2. single select field
 TODO
3. date field (or something that determines priority order)
 Due Date

Set the first 3 tasks to "TODO"

Automation is triggered each time a task is checked
Conditional branching if "TODO" is 0 in "Find Redords
Set single select to "blank" for the 3 tasks that have already been checked
Script extracts the three tasks with the closest due dates in "Find records" and sets "TODO".

I tired doing it a little and didn't quite figure it out /;

Let me know if you are able to give a more detailed step by step if not no biggie I understand

Hmm, if you're willing to link all your tasks to a single record in another table, check out this base

Screen Recording 2023-07-10 at 10.17.39 PM.gif

Idea is to have an autonumber field in your tasks table and have a formula field that'll help you create "sets" for your tasks.  You then ensure that all your tasks are linked to single record in another table, and then use a rollup field with the formula "MIN(values)" on the formula field I mentioned above, and make it conditional to only display records that don't have "Done" checked

You then create a lookup field to display that rollup field's value in the tasks table, and create a formula field to check whether the lookup value is the same as that record's set value.  Finally, create a view that'll filter based on that formula field

Wow thank you so much!

Is there anyway I can become an editor of that base so I can see how you created the formulas?

Sho
11 - Venus
11 - Venus

Great solution, @TheTimeSavingCo !
Thank you for sharing too

@Jeffrey_Brian 

@TheTimeSavingCo shared the Base with us so you can duplicate it.

11-7-2023_64835_airtable.com.jpeg

Okay awesome, thank you so much, I really appreciate it!!! @TheTimeSavingCo 

@ShoHaha thank you!!  It was very fun to solve

@Jeffrey_BrianGlad I could help!