426 2
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kate_Jacobs
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I'm trying to improve the content calendar we are using. I have a Content Field, which is the full post that we're going to copy and paste into Facebook. I'd like to have a column that will pull just the first line of the post using a formula. Any ideas on how to do this? 

For example, here is a post that would be in the content field:

🌟 Fun-filled Learning at Ditebogo Daycare in Video Informal Settlement!

These awesome educators are all about hands-on learning experiences for their kiddos. Recently, they organized a super-fun day filled with science experiments, face painting, and, wait for it... ice cream! 🍦🎨🔬

Speaking of science, do you remember playing with Oobleck as a child? It's that magical goo that can be both a liquid and a solid depending on how you touch it.

Now, here's the best part - Ditebogo Daycare isn't all about keeping the kids clean and tidy all the time. Nope, they believe in letting kids be kids and learn through experience! 🙌

These little scientists had a blast discovering different states of matter through play, and you can bet they'll remember this day for a long time! 🧪🎈

Stay tuned for more inspiring stories!
#AFFTZA #HandsOnLearning #ScienceFun #LetKidsBeKids

I would like a formula to pull just "🌟 Fun-filled Learning at Ditebogo Daycare in Video Informal Settlement!" into a Title Field. Any ideas?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Sho
11 - Venus
11 - Venus

This formula gets the first paragraph (the text up to the first two line breaks).

REGEX_EXTRACT({Text}, "((.\n?)*)\n\n")

See Solution in Thread

2 Replies 2
Sho
11 - Venus
11 - Venus

This formula gets the first paragraph (the text up to the first two line breaks).

REGEX_EXTRACT({Text}, "((.\n?)*)\n\n")

Kate_Jacobs

Amazing - exactly what I needed! 

Thank you 🙂