563 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nathan_Mock
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I’m having a strange issue with my formula, it’s been working for the past year but then all of a sudden it didn’t seem to be updating. I ended up fixing it by duplicating the formula into a completely new field and it seems to work on the new field, but I don’t want to break any old references, etc. Any ideas what’s going on?

Screen Shot 2020-09-01 at 5.30.34 PM Screen Shot 2020-09-01 at 5.30.26 PM

Screen Shot 2020-09-01 at 9.04.57 PM

2 Replies 2
Kris
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hi Nathan,

Interesting challenge, and honestly I’m not too sure – but I have some ideas you can try =P

First, the DATETIME_DIFF defaults to seconds, which is not what I’m guessing you’re intending. Try adding a 3rd parameter ‘days’ like so:

DATETIME_DIFF(
   TODAY(),
   {Available},
   'days'
)

Again not sure, but maybe somehow the seconds was causing an issue? (Either way, I’m guessing you want days).

One other thing I’d be curious to try would be to add curly brackets around your field names. It really shouldn’t do anything since your field names have no spaces, but maybe something under the hood is confused. (Totally guessing, just some thoughts to try!)

Nathan_Mock

Thanks! It seemed to have resolved itself, but I am concerned because I don’t want my reports to get messed up randomly down the line. I am just a bit puzzled because I duplicated the same field / formula into a new field and they both had different results. I intended it to be in seconds, so left it as default initially, but I specified it explicitly just to be sure for the future.

It’s almost if I had 1+1 as a formula, and in one field it returned different calculations although it is the same formula. :exploding_head: