cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Florence_Dorsil
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi there,

I just need a little help to finish my workflow !

I want to put a status from the automatic field “Last modified time”.

Formula is : IF(DATETIME_DIFF({Update URL}, TODAY(),‘days’) >= 13, “ :exclamation: ”, IF(DATETIME_DIFF({Update URL}, TODAY(),‘days’) >= 7, " :alarm_clock: ", IF(DATETIME_DIFF({Update URL}, TODAY(),‘days’) >= 1, “ :repeat: ”, IF(IS_SAME(TODAY(), {Update URL}), “New :rocket: ”)))))

It works pretty fine when the field is “date” but won’t work when field is modified in “Last modified time”.

Anyone can help please ?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Justin_Barrett
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

I’ve not used the IS_SAME() function much, but checking the docs, you’re missing a third element: the unit of comparison:

IS_SAME([date1], [date2], [unit])

Similar to how you have “days” as a unit of comparison for DATETIME_DIFF(), try adding “day” as the unit of comparison for IS_SAME(). By omitting that unit string, there’s no way of knowing how it’s trying to compare those two dates: hour? day? month? second?

See Solution in Thread

6 Replies 6

Can you include a screen shot of the three fields?

Capture d’écran 2020-10-30 à 19.53.23

Capture d’écran 2020-10-30 à 19.54.44

It looks like the formula field does not recognize that it is the current date. It is possible that there is a time zone issue going on. Depending on your time zone the displayed date might not match the day of TODAY().

Are you up for a little test?

• create a new formula field that simply shows TODAY() and set it to show the time and use GMT time.
  • set your ‘Last modified time’ to also show the time and use GMT time as well.
  • Send a new screen capture of the results.

Thanks a lot for your reply !
Here’s a screenshot. As you can see, both fields are set DD/MM/YYYY… :confused:

Capture d’écran 2020-10-30 à 22.24.21

Justin_Barrett
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

I’ve not used the IS_SAME() function much, but checking the docs, you’re missing a third element: the unit of comparison:

IS_SAME([date1], [date2], [unit])

Similar to how you have “days” as a unit of comparison for DATETIME_DIFF(), try adding “day” as the unit of comparison for IS_SAME(). By omitting that unit string, there’s no way of knowing how it’s trying to compare those two dates: hour? day? month? second?

Yeeah thank you very much !!

Capture d’écran 2020-10-31 à 06.39.31