1981 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Wendy_Yelsik
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I need to export a grand total number from Airtable to import into our payroll software as a csv.   The table is setup by an employee and that employee has a new row for each month of the year with a number in it.   I know that airtable sums those columns, but I don't know how to export the grand total by employee.   I need the grand total of the {Dollar$} field exported.  How can I do this?   Thanks. Wendy

4 Replies 4

Hi Wendy, to do that you'll need to create another table, link your records as needed, and use a rollup field with the formula "SUM(values)" I'm afraid

Thanks.   I linked a new table (table 2) to the table with the dollar amounts (table 1).  When I roll up the dollar field from table 1 to the rollup field in table 2, I get a $0.   I linked table 2 to table 1 using the employee number.   Not sure what I am doing wrong; likely something simple :).  

Ahh, that's odd.  Could you share some screenshots of the relevant tables and fields so that I can help you troubleshoot?

Wendy_Yelsik
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hi, Adam.  I decided to enter my data into our payroll system manually.    I am retiring the base I used for this information and recreating a more organized one.   Thank you for the response and help!   - Wendy