cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aryan201215
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi everyone,

I am wondering if there is a workaround/solution without using make.com or scripting.

I have data in one column for example. The column is a linked field.

Items | Qty_to_Buy

A|5

A|1

B|1

B|1

B|6

C|10

I want to create a table with the following output.
A | 6

B|8

C|10

It is basically grouping by item but I want the output to show up as separate records. If possible I would like for it to be in the same base but a sync to other table also works. I would appreciate any suggestions. Thanks.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Kyrstin_Graves
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hey @aryan201215 🙂 

This is definitely doable without any outside resources or scripting. If you want it in another table in the same base, you'd just need to use a rollup field in the other table. 

It'd be more helpful to see your base setup, but anything that is in a linked field can be summed/averaged/etc using a rollup field. 

If you need help implementing, please share both tables (the original and the one with the linked records) and I'll help you with where to put the rollup field and the formula for it.

See Solution in Thread

1 Reply 1
Kyrstin_Graves
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hey @aryan201215 🙂 

This is definitely doable without any outside resources or scripting. If you want it in another table in the same base, you'd just need to use a rollup field in the other table. 

It'd be more helpful to see your base setup, but anything that is in a linked field can be summed/averaged/etc using a rollup field. 

If you need help implementing, please share both tables (the original and the one with the linked records) and I'll help you with where to put the rollup field and the formula for it.