1173 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jessika_Galvez
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I have the formula below to give us a due date for items, BUT when the item is due I would like to add an emoji OR change the field highlight color. Can anyone help me figure out what I need to add to this formula in order to make this happen??

DATEADD({2-Step TB},11,‘month’)

4 Replies 4

Individual fields can’t be colored. If your base is in a Pro level workspace (or greater), you can use record coloring, which adds a colored marker to the left edge of the record (in a grid view). This can be set to use a condition similar to filtering, so you can color the record if that date field matches today’s date.

Adding an emoji is definitely an option, but I wouldn’t recommend doing it in the same field. Right now your calculation is outputting a date. To add more text (including emoji) to that same field with the date, and have that text based on the date, will require a much uglier formula, in part because you’re calculating the same date in multiple places. I’m all about keeping things clean and eliminating duplicated calculations if possible, so I suggest using two fields: your current one to calculate the due date (I’ll use {Due Date} for the field name), and another to add the emoji.

Screen Shot 2019-12-07 at 3.08.22 PM

The formula I’m using for {Date + Emoji} is:

IF(IS_SAME({Due Date}, TODAY()), "⚠️ ") & DATETIME_FORMAT({Due Date}, "L")

In the end, you’d hide your current field and just leave the one with the optional emoji visible.

Jessika_Galvez

Thank you for your response :slightly_smiling_face:

I have a screen shot to show you what I tried based on your feedback…

And here is my formula:

IF(IS_SAME({2-Step TB EXP}, TODAY()), “ :x: ”) & DATETIME_FORMAT({2-Step TB EXP}, “L”)

It will allow me to “save” it, but the emoji doesn’t show upon the 4/30/19 one when it should? Can you see what I am doing wrong?

Jessika_Galvez

Ugh, it keeps telling me i can’t put images in my post… So I cannot attach the screen shot… :confused:

That emoji will only appear if the date in {2-Step TB EXP} matches today, and today isn’t 4/30/2019.

New users are restricted from doing certain things, including adding images. Once you’ve been active on the forum for a while, it will begin removing those restrictions.