Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
plyske
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Hello everyone! 

I've made this Table: 

Skærmbillede 2022-12-13 kl. 15.37.10.png

The idea with the table is to show different kind of tasks, sorted by Week and Day. 

Right now when a task is completed, I will click on the 'Næste gang?' field and choose whether the task should be listed in the daily or weekly view. If it's a daily task, I will choose 'Daglig' and for weekly tasks I will choose 'Ugentlig'. 

However when I do that, this happens: 

Skærmbillede 2022-12-13 kl. 15.39.33.png

Instead of the task being re-created in the right view, it's being added in an Empty view. I therefore manually have to add it to the right view by clicking in the 'Hyppighed' field and select either Weekly or Daily. 

What I want here is the task to automatically be added to the right view. 

Also I really want to just be able to click in a check box when the task has been made and then Airtable knows which view the task belongs to instead of have to choose the right one in 'Næste gang?'

Are the 2 above improvements possible to do?

13 Replies 13
plyske
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Hm. The second picture wasn't added:

Skærmbillede 2022-12-13 kl. 15.42.48.png

Sara
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

Hi, for the first question, you can run automation.

An example could be this one:

1.PNG

This is my Table.

2.PNG

3.PNG

4.PNG

5.PNG

In this way, every time you add a date to your deadline, automatically assign "Daily or Weekly". (If the daily task is assigned the day before).

Otherwise you can create 2 checkbox one for weekly and another for daily and do almost the same.

When a record is updated (in this case, you add the checkbox column) and after just an action (update record, As I showed you before).

In this case, you need 2 automation: 1 for daily and 1 for weekly.

I don't know if I was clear. Let me know if you have any questions 😊

Sara
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

Just to be clearer, this is what I meant with checkbox:

12.PNG

13.PNG

14.PNG

You should do the same also for daily 😊

plyske
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

@Sara 

Thanks so much for your reply! 

I'm trying to replicate the check box setup you've shown. I have a formula field that automatically adds the next date for the tast, based on the 'Næste gang?' field. However, because I replce this step with 2 checkbox fields, I am unsure how this formula should look like.

Can you help me out? I've tried this, but w/o success. 

Skærmbillede 2022-12-13 kl. 20.19.46.png

Sara
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

Sure, I will try it. What is Sidst faerdiggjort? 

I don't know if I understand well. You want a column that shows the deadline where: 

- add 1 day to today for "daily task"

- and 7 days to today for "weekly task"

For example: 

daily: 12/13/2022 (US calendar) + 1 day= 12/14/2022

weekly: 12/13/2022 (US Calendar)+7 days=12/20/2022

is it right? correct me if I didn't understand well.

"Sidst færdiggjort" = Last time this task was done (date). 

You are absolutely correct! I want this to help me automatically choose the next due date for the task (either it's a daily or a weekly task).

Sara
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

15.PNG

If you want just to use Today is this one, but I'm a little worried that every day it will calculate the new date (because "today" will change). I suggest you to use the date (your Sidst faerdiggjort)

16.PNG

Let me know if you have any other questions 😊

plyske
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Oh. I am confused.. Can't make it work for some reason? 

Skærmbillede 2022-12-13 kl. 21.27.47.png

 'Hyppighed' is my Status - that's the one I group the tasks from. 

Sara
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

IF(Hyppighed="Ugentlig",(DATEADD(Deadline,7,'days')), IF(Hyppighed="Daglig",(DATEADD(deadline,1,'days')), BLANK()))

You forgot one bracket before DATEADD, it should be this one.

plyske
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

That worked, yes! So now it shows me the next due date based off the Deadline. So far so good. 

What I need now is the Record to update, like it did before. So before when I chose either Daily or Weekly in 'Næste gang?' the Record were recreated with a new due date. That's missing now. 

So what I want it the Record to be recreated (updated) when the checkbox is checked (either Daily or Weekly) and then the Record to be added to the correct view (status). 

Can you help with that? 

Sara
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

You can't add a formula in the automation, but you can change the formula a little in this way. 

17.PNG

So when you check the checkbox, automatically will calculate the new due date and the automation will add the "Weekly/Daily" Status

plyske
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Skærmbillede 2022-12-13 kl. 22.10.23.png

So I just made a test, and what you just wrote happens. Good! 

But what I want is the calculated due date to be inserted into the 'Deadline' field and then the checkbox unchecked, so that when the task is made the next day (it's recurring tasks), the same thing will happen. In other words: the Record to be recreated in a loop. Right now when I check the checkbox, it will just find the new coming due date in the 'Calculation' field which means that I manually have to remake the Record, and that's not what I hope to do. 

Does it make sense? 

plyske
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Okay! So I have now managed to have the Record moved to another view based on which off of the Checkboxes. So when one of the checkboxes have value 1, the status of the Record will change to 'Done' and be moved to that view.

What I need now is the Record to come back to the Todo view. I've tried to create this with an automation, but so far without success... See pictures (Done_view and Done_view1). For some reason that automation keeps creating new Records.