cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
erynd
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi All,

I currently work off Airtable's grid view, using it as a collaborative content planner/scheduler. Throughout this year, this will get extremely clustered and lengthy. At the moment, we have a status column of

- Briefed in, In progress, Scheduled and Complete

At the moment, I can filter to show if 'Completed' is not selected, but I don't see this being a viable long term option. Is there a formula where once 'Completed' is marked, the row is immediately hidden & potentially moved to another page/tab where it can be easily accessible without having to turn on/off a filter? 

I have heard of a few formulas/features being thrown around in my search for an answer but being fairly new to Airtable, it's still quite confusing! Thanks in advance for any help - Eryn.

2 Replies 2
Micki_O_Neil
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

You just need to create a two views: one that is all incomplete tasks and one that is complete tasks. There's no need to toggle back and forth.  Watch the first two videos here: https://support.airtable.com/docs/get-free-airtable-training-today.  They give a good introduction to understanding how to work with Airtable. Understanding views is crucial to getting the power out of Airtable.

Hm, yeah you could use an automation to duplicate that record into another table.

I think the only way to delete records in an automated fashion is via a script, which requires a Pro plan.  If you're already on a Pro plan, it's just a matter of adding a "Run a script" action to the previously mentioned automation and you're good to go